HOW TO DYE Before Starting:
1. Use hair dye only as directed without addition of other substances. ONLY use a plastic bowl, NEVER metal.
2. NEVER add peroxide to hair color. Do not use alkaline products. Low pH, non-alcohol based products are recommended.
3. For best results, hair should be porous, bleached or tinted. Only partial or no color action will occur on unprocessed hair. Colors will give a highlight effect to unbleached dark hair. Conduct a patch test:
a. Select a small test area, behind the ear or inner fold of elbow.
b. Wash test area with mild soap and water. Dab dry with a clean towel.
c. Cover the clean test area with a thin coat of the hair color.
d. Allow the test area to dry. Leave uncovered, undisturbed for 24 hours.
e. Examine the area. If there are any signs of redness, burning, itching or blisters, do not use the product.
4. A strand test is recommended to see what the results will be. MANIC PANIC
Hair Dye Instructions for MANIC PANIC:
1. Shampoo hair with a pH acid balanced shampoo. Towel dry, leaving hair damp.
2.Wearing plastic gloves, apply petroleum jelly or conditioner around hair line and on ears to prevent staining skin.
3. Empty desired amount into a plastic bowl (1/2 bottle for short, full bottle for long)
4. Using the tint brush, begin at the nape of the neck and apply color 1/2 inch from scalp, working evenly to the ends of the hair. Do not apply directly to scalp. Work upwards through the head of hair making sure to completely saturate the hair shaft.
5. Continuously comb color thru hair until it becomes frothy, so that it's thoroughly absorbed. Lighter shades may require more combing to saturate the hair.
6. Leave hair color on hair for 5-15 minutes. For resistant hair, place a plastic cap on the hair and leave on for up to 30 minutes.
7. Rinse hair thoroughly, away from face. SPECIAL EFFECTS Hair Dye Instructions for SPECIAL EFFECTS:
1. Shampoo hair without conditioning, then dry hair thoroughly.
2. Apply petroleum jelly around hairline and on ears.
3. Wearing plastic gloves, empty desired amount into plastic bowl( approx. 1/2 bottle for short hair, 3/4 bottle for long hair).
4. Apply evenly with tint brush, just enough to saturate hair. Do not apply to scalp.
5. Comb thru hair thoroughly and leave in hair for approx. 15-30 minutes.
6. Rinse dye away from face, shampoo as usual. PUNKY COLOUR Hair Dye Instructions for PUNKY COLOUR:
1. Shampoo hair & dry.
2. Use petroleum jelly or baby oil around hairline and on ears.
3. With gloves, apply dye evenly from roots to ends with tint brush.
4. Comb through.
5. Leave on hair approx. 15-30 minutes, then rinse out. Do not condition. FUDGE Hair Dye Instructions for FUDGE:
1. Shampoo hair and towel dry.
2. Wearing gloves, apply color evenly on hair, keeping off scalp.
3. Comb until it becomes frothy.
4. Color will take 15-30 minutes- a plastic cap will help processing.
5. Rinse hair with warm water until water runs clear.
6. Shampoo as normal. Making it Last
1. Bleach hair first- hair color can last as long as 8 weeks on bleached hair.
2. Shampooing, swimming and hair spray will all cause hair to fade faster.
3. Replenish you hair color by adding 2 tablespoons of hair color to your normal hair conditioner. Comb through hair, let sit in hair for 3-5 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Getting it Out
1. Use of an alkaline shampoo will promote removal of color from hair.
2. A pre-packaged hot oil treatment may further accelerate the removal of color: follow the manufacturer's instructions for application of oil. To remove oil along with some color, first apply shampoo without adding water. Add water gradually as you continue to shampoo until oil is completely removed.
Getting Dye off your hands and skin, tub and tile
1. The best product we've found all around is Dawn dish washing liquid. On the tub, tile, sink, pour directly on stain, let it stand a bit, then add water and scrub. Wipe it off with paper towels. Repeat if necessary. Try a small area to be sure it works first. You will see the Dawn change to the color of the dye as it sucks it up! You can also pour on your hands and scrub off with a nubby washcloth.
2 . Use rubbing alcohol on a cottonball or disposable cloth for your hands if needed. Then, use soap and water (liquid soap or hand soap works better than bar soap) and scrub with a washcloth.
HOW TO BLEACH Before starting:
1. When opening bleach powder, hold away from face.Do not use on skin, scalp, or eyebrows. Do not use if scalp is irritated or broken.
2. If skin irritation occurs, flush with water. In case of eye contact or ingestion, contact a physician immediately.
3. Wear gloves while using product.. Use a plastic bowl to mix bleach. NEVER use metal.
4. Do not shampoo hair before bleaching. Always use bleach mixture immediately and discard any unused portion.
5. Wear an old towel or cape during application, as product may bleach clothing.
6. Do a strand test before application, only proceed if test was satisfactory.
7. Keep product away from direct sunlight or heat.
8. Keep away from children. MANIC PANIC Bleach Instructions for MANIC PANIC:
1. Wearing enclosed gloves, open the bleach plastic bag. Avoid inhaling powder.
2. Empty full contents of bleach powder into provided tub.
3. Gradually add the developer to the bleach powder in tub. Using the brush, blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Sometimes it is not necessary to use all contents of developer.
4. Apply immediately to dry unwashed hair. Using the provided brush, apply evenly to hair you wish to bleach. All strands should be saturated, using the brush or gloved fingers to spread the mixture evenly.
5. Cover with plastic cap.
6. Check strand every 10 minutes to evaluate lift.To do so, remove plastic cap and wipe away mixture with a damp tissue. If hair has not reached desired level, reapply mixture as before and continue processing. Here's a chart for approx. timing:
Light to Dark Blonde 20 to 60 Minutes Light Brown 20 to 90 Minutes Medium Brown 40 to 90 Minutes Do not overbleach. 7. When desired shade is reached, take off the cap and throw away. Shampoo hair thoroughly. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry hair.
SPECIAL EFFECTS Bleach Instructions for SPECIAL EFFECTS:
1. Wearing enclosed gloves, pour approx. 1/2 bottle of peroxide in a plastic bowl (DO NOT USE METAL BOWL).
2. Carefully open bleach packet and pour approx. 1/2 of bleach into bowl.
3. Use tint brush to mix until smooth and creamy.
4. Add remainder of peroxide and bleach powder and mix until smooth and creamy.
5. Apply immediately to dry unwashed hair.
6. Using the brush, apply bleach mixture evenly to hair you want to be bleached. Make sure all hair strands are evenly saturated, but not dripping, using brush or gloved fingers. You may mask hair you don't want to be bleached by using a highlight cap or foil.
7. Once mixture has been completely applied to hair, begin timing development. Check development of hair every 10 minutes to evaluate color. To do this, take a few strands of hair and wipe away bleach with a damp paper towel, spread apart strands of hair. If desired color has not been reached, reapply bleach mixture to that area and continue processing.
8. Here's a chart for approx timing (time varies on natural hair color):
Dark Blonde 15 to 30 Minutes Light Brown 25 to 35 Minutes Medium Brown 30 to 45 Minutes Dark Brown 45 to 60 Minutes Do not overbleach. 9. Once desired shade has been reached, rinse bleach out of hair, shampoo thoroughly and condition. Dry hair.